What is Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy?
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (referred to as BCST) is performed fully clothed on a massage table. It is a non-manipulative healing modality, which means no pressure is applied to the body or to injured areas-just light touch. This makes BCST safe, gentle and applicable during times of inflammation or activation. As a craniosacral practitioner I focus on the nervous system and bringing balance and integration back to its core functions-emotional regulation, digestion, social connection and autonomic processes.
BCST allows you to feel a profound state of relaxation, well-being and wholeness.
In our initial consultation we spend time discussing your history, current issues/discomforts and overall lifestyle, and creating a set of treatment goals. As sessions progress we check to see how those goals are being met and reassess them if needed. We continually discuss your long-term treatment plan and as we progress I explain what’s happening, so that you are empowered to make your own relationship with the healing forces of Biodynamics.
BCST can help you with:
- Anxiety, insomnia and restlessness
- Depression, exhaustion, lack of purpose and meaning
- Chronic pain in the lower back, neck, joints, feet, gut and fascia
- Whiplash, neck and head injuries and concussion-related issues
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and digestive issues
- Acute injuries, sports or work-related, from over-use, misuse or accidents
- Inflammation and auto-immune concerns
- Healing from surgery, and readying the body to undergo surgery
- TMJ issues, headaches and migraines
- Emotional trauma, sexual abuse, PTSD and issues from a high ACES score
- Feelings of loneliness, isolation, being misunderstood or different
One of the most surprising things about BCST is the potential for us to have a profound experience of deep stillness and of the Biodynamic forces (which we call Primary Respiration) that are supporting all of us. Each time our bodies encounter a state of deep peace, quietude and freedom from physical/emotional/psychic pain, it has a lasting and healing effect: the body learns a new state of being, experiences a new normal. The more this happens, the more our bodies shift. When we experience ourselves as a fluid and energetic whole, our assumptions about our limitations and illnesses are challenged; indeed, we experience ourselves as a united, holistic field, experiencing our fundamental health and freedom. One of our founders used the phrase, “Health is never lost.” I couldn’t agree more.
I look forward to sharing this life-changing work with you.